Hotel Venus consists of three interconnected buildings, and each one has its very own history.

Decision to build the Sadova street on the place called „bull moss“ (Ochsen loch) was made.

Houses Newa, Venus and Kaiser Franz (ground of the present Venus hotel) were built.

All the owners adapted interiors of their houses for the spa needs, there were built up bathrooms, dining rooms, community rooms, lifts and kitchens The owners were mainly physicians. Surgery hours of that time were from 7 to 9 a.m. and from 3 to 4 p.m., alternatively from 8 to 10 a.m. and from 3 to 5 p.m.

4th and 5th floors were added, incresing available beds.

The house Kaiser Franz was renamed „House Franz“.

Po r. 1945
After 1945 – Nationalization. Only the Venus spa house was left for spa purposes. It had 25 rooms with 42 beds and was renamed Šumava house. The Newa house become a residential house and the Franz house was rebuilt for offices.

The State-owned company The Czechoslovak State Baths (Československé státní lázně) took all three houses over and refurbished them, and so a new spa hotel with total numbers of 62 rooms and 110 beds came to being. It got the name Výmar.

Restitution-reversion to the origin owners.

The former Spa hotel Výmar is bought by Pension Fund of Commercial Bank Inc.

Reconstruction and modernization was running.

1. 4. 2001
Opening of the new Venus spa hotel, the Hotel of the new Millenium.